Responsible for ensuring the effective, professional and timely management of the operation during the shift, ensuring the team achieve all KPI's, SLA's and targets in line with the budget and in accordance with customer and Company requirements.
· Provide leadership and direction to colleagues in all aspects of the warehouse operation.
· Manage dept KPI, which include ownership of productivity and work study, in line with budget.
· Ensure the Health, Safety of all employees, in accordance with current legislation and Company policies and procedures
· Ensure customer deadlines are exceeded and meet all agreed relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and SLA's
· Support continuous improvement, leading and participating in working parties to involve and engage staff, with an aim to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Have full involvement in their implementation and success
· Ensure all tasks are delegated appropriately and in the most efficient manner by coordinating between office and warehouse
· To oversee general housekeeping requirements of the warehouse, ensuring high standards of hygiene and orderliness
· Provides effective communication to shift/team on daily tasks, changes to working procedures, H&S, Audit, through daily team briefs etc.
· Completes shift handovers accurately with oncoming/off going Team Leaders & Operational managers as required
· Updates team, on required targets/rates, and accuracy checks, providing training, coaching and feedback, taking action on poor performance where required and in a timely manner
· Ensure there is an appropriate level of multi-skilled colleagues to perform tasks in an effective and efficient manner, completing training records, probationary reviews, performance discussions, regular 121's and appraisals to the required standard
· Develops others to support the site talent and succession plan and drive continuous learning and development opportunities,
· Demonstrates H&B Values and ensures self and all colleagues adhere to the Company Code of Conduct, site rules, standards of behaviour and company policies and procedures
· Ensures all colleagues and staff adhere to Safe Working Practices and H & S rules & procedures whilst on site and take appropriate action where required.
· Ensures compliance to all HR Policies & Procedures
· Maintains good working relations with Colleague Representatives; promotes Engagement & Charity Initiatives
· Leads by example and sets, maintains and uphold the Company standard for the team to follows Ensure all documentation is dealt with according to requests, legal requirements and company procedure; all relevant paperwork is checked and handed to the relevant department
· Ensure the effective and timely management of all attendance and timekeeping issues, ensuring return to work interviews are conducted prior to staff commencing work upon their return from absence.
· Maintains records, completes reports and presentations as directed by your Line Manager